Call for Papers
Annual Conference of
The International Society for New Institutional Economics
(soon to be renamed The Society for Institutional and Organizational Economics, SIOE)
June 18 – 20, 2015
The conference be held at Harvard Law School.
The conference is organized around approximately 180 papers presented in 45 parallel sessions (7 panels).
Individual Paper Proposals
The Program Committee, chaired by President-Elect Henry Smith, invites you to submit your proposal to present a paper at the conference. Paper proposals are due by 30th January, 2015. All proposals must be must be submitted electronically via the ISNIE web site.
Organized Session Proposals
Proposals for organized sessions are also due 30th January, 2015. Earlier communication with the Chair of the Program Committee is encouraged to facilitate coordination of sessions. For organized sessions, the proposal should include (1) the name of the author(s), (2) paper titles and abstract, and (3) email contacts for each paper. The session proposal should also describe the organizing theme for the coordinated session. The person submitting the session will be considered the session organizer (though they may or may not present a paper). If a discussant is desired, that should be included in the description of the proposed session. If papers are completed at the time of the proposal submission, it is advantageous to include them as an attachment with the proposal. If the papers are not yet available, extended abstracts are strongly recommended. The Session Proposal should be sent as a Microsoft Word document named with the name of the person submitting the session. The joint papers should be included as a PDF file named with the name of the presenting author. The package should be sent as an attachment to an email to .
Papers included in session proposals should not be submitted as single paper in the electronic submission system.
We expect the program committee to complete its evaluations of submissions by 27th February, 2015. Notices of decisions to be communicated by email and detailed instructions for registration and uploading final versions of papers will be posted in the website by early March.
- For any query about the program or the scientific aspects of the conference, please write to:
- For any query about the organization of the conference — venue, practical organization, housing and general information — please write to:
- Henry Smith, Harvard University
- Yun-Chien Chang Academia Sinica
- Daniel Chen ETH Zurich
- Yuval Feldman Bar-Ilan University
- Stephen Haber Stanford University
- Oliver Hart Harvard University
- Dean Lueck University of Arizona
- Nan Jia University of Southern California
- Rick Geddes Cornell University
- Keith Hylton Boston University
- Marian Moszoro Kozminski/Berkeley-Haas
- Bernardo Mueller University of Brasília
- Joanne Oxley University of Toronto
- Jens Prüfer Tilburg University
- Mark Ramseyer Harvard University
- Roberta Romano Yale University
- Jérôme Sgard Sciences Po
- Kenneth Shepsle Harvard University
- Holger Spamann Harvard University
- Steven Tadelis University of California-Berkeley
- Heidi Williams MIT